Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Honeymoon














We sayed in Alaska for our honeymoon. We started it out with a bang by stopping off in Hope Alaska to raft down Six Mile creek, which was cold and wet, but amazing! I don't have any pictures unfortunetly cause its not the type of trip for a camera. We went down to Seward and stayed for a few days. We hiked up to Exit Glacier and were supposed to go out on a fishing trip but it was cancelled do to weather. We did stop in and check out the Sea Life Center. To our disappointment the Sea Lion refused to come out into view and hid behind a wall the whole time we were there, we did see some cool stuff and play in the tanks that were like under water gardens. After Seward we headed to Girdwood for a night and stopped at whats left of Portage Glacier on the way. In Girdwood we stayed at the beutiful Princess Hotel. before we checked in we strapped on our hiking shoes and did the Winner Creek Trail. I can honestly say I will never take the tram thats on that trail, its probably the least safe thing on the face of this planet. The day we went the door was broken and so of course would not close, so the minute Bryce pulled on the rope to make us go, the crat jerked and my leg fell right out the door. From that moment til we made it back to the side we started I was paralyzed with fear. Nothing anyone says will ever convince me that thing is safe. When's the last time the cable was changed??? After our night in Girdwood we returned to Eagle River and the next day we headed to the fair with family. And then sadly I had to go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment