Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Caribou 2011

Got back today from a meat hunt on the denali highway. Didn't see very many bou up there this year. But didn't really matter because I was just there for meat anyways. I took this cow from around 280 yards downhill, slight wind, .338 WM 210 grain Barnes TSX bullet that I hand loaded a couple of months ago. What a sweet shooting rifle / bullet combination. Didn't ruin any meat at all, right between the eyes. Spent this after noon boning meat at my father in laws. Going to make sausage and hamburger mostly. of course some choice cuts are going to be grilled in the next week or so....... :)



The exit hole did not look like this.


Granted, I know this is not the most amazing bou there ever was, but i wasn't on this hunt for a trophy, I'm just happy to put some meat in the freezer. I was very happy with the shot though, single shot. Quickest I've ever seen an animal die. Didn't take one step.





No comments:

Post a Comment